RECIPE: Tobermory Fish Company – Tobermory Smoked Trout Potato Rosti with Beetroot and Horseradish
We tried Tobermory Fish Company’s Smoked Trout from the Isle of Mull earlier this year and it was delicious. Here’s Sally from Tobermory Fish Company’s recipe for Tobermory Smoked Trout Potato Rosti with Beetroot and Horseradish
Tobermory Smoked Trout Potato Rosti with Beetroot and Horseradish
Ingredients for 2 people
2 Large Rooster Potatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
Salt and Pepper to season (big pinch of each)
4 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
2 pickled Beetroot (slices very thin)
100ml Creme Fraiche
2 tsp Horseradish
100g Tobermory Smoked Trout from Tobermory Fish Company
Rocket and Lemon to garnish
1) Coarsely grate the potatoes and squeeze out all the liquid by wrapping in kitchen paper.
2) Slice the onion very thin and combine with the garlic, potato, and seasoning in a bowl.
3) Mould into four flat rostis
4) Fry in the heated oil for seven minutes each side until golden then remove and leave to dry on paper towel.
5) Combine the Creme Fraiche with the Horseradish to make the cream.
6) Slice the beetroot into very thin disks and lay on top of the Rosti followed by the Tobermory Trout slices and a dollop of the Horseradish Cream.
7) Garnish with the Rocket and Lemon wedge.
To order fish from Tobermory Fish Company Ltd.
To order some of Tobermory Fish Company’s amazing Smoked Trout or other products, visit their website here
. We have added them to our Boys Eat Scotland Gift list.