Edinburgh’s West End Business Improvement District is preparing for the Christmas period with a series of festive events encouraged to remind people about what is one of the city’s hidden gems.
A new free festive themed Sound Walk of Edinburgh’s West End will be launched on 9th December. The latest in a series of unique audio walking tours will be available to download at http://www.edinburgh-westend.co.uk/ throughout the holidays, finishing on 9th January when school term resumes. The guided walk allows the listener to follow a festive trail around this beautiful area of the city, following a series of clues. At the end of the walk, the listener will be rewarded with a glass of mulled wine for grown ups and a child-friendly refreshment for little ones. The walk has been put together by Ana Betancourt and Gabrielle Haley of Black Goblin Audio, who are recent graduates of Edinburgh College of Art’s Sound Design course.
Later this month, Edinburgh’s West End Christmas Late event will take place on 14thDecember with live music, local businesses extending their opening hours and seasonal promotions and activities. Visits to the area will be accompanied by live music from gospel choir, The Phoenix Choir and funked up brass band, Brass Gumbo.
Events on 14th December include:
- A special edition ‘Buck’s Mulled Wine’ (£4.50) has been created at The Voyage of Buck
- Festive fizz, mince pies, prize draw, double points and goody bags whilst you shop at Sleeping Beauty Salon.
- Complimentary glass of fizz whilst your jewellery is cleaned and checked for free at Denzil Skinner and Partners.
- Complimentary gift wrapping service atScotland Shop.
- Free whisky tasting at Oddbins: Isle of Arran 18 year old, Ledaig 10 year old and Tomatin Legacy and festive fizz to try.
- Festive treats while you shop at Solo Menswear.
- Alcohol-free mulled wine, canapés and 50% off any ready-packed retail salad boxes at Roots Edinburgh
- 10% discount on all orders placed for Christmas items at florist, Rogue Flowers
- Chocolate tasting and mulled wine at Paper Tiger Edinburgh, Stafford Street
- Complimentary beer and fizz whilst you shop at Frontiers Man
- 2 beers and a burrito for £10 at Bar Burrito
- Complimentary fizz and lucky dip discount whilst you shop at Just G Boutique.
- A weekly competition to win £100 of West End gift vouchers.
The Phoenix Choir and Brass Gumbo will play additional festive performances in the West End on 16th and 17th of December.
14th December: 6.00pm-6.30pm Coates Crescent Gardens
7.00pm-7.30pm William Street
16th December: 1.00pm-1.30pm Coates Crescent Gardens
2.00pm-2.30pm: Rutland Street (outside The Huxley)
17th December: 1.00pm-1.30pm Rutland Street (outside The Huxley)
2.00pm – 2.30pm: Hope Street (outside House of Fraser)
Find full details here
Full details of Edinburgh’s West End festive programme can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/371017749986483/