During May and June this year readers and bloggers voted in the Squaremeal.co.uk annual survey to crown the UK’s top 100 restaurants.
The results have now been published and it’s great to see 16 of Scotland’s finest restaurants making it into the top 100.
Achieving 16 of the top 100 places is an excellent achievement but there’s also so many other amazing Scottish restaurants that didn’t make it onto the 2015 list. Here’s hoping for an even stronger showing in 2016. We will be voting for you!
The top Scottish restaurants (in the survey) are:
12. The Kitchin – 78 Commercial Quay, Leith, Edinburgh
13. Restaurant Mark Greenaway – 69 North Castle Street, Edinburgh
27. Plumed Horse – 50/54 Henderson Street, Edinburgh
29. Andrew Fairlie @ Gleneagles – Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterarder
32. Whitehouse Restaurant – Lochaline, Argyll
33. Pompadour by Galvin – Caledonian Hotel, Edinburgh
42. The Three Chimneys – Colbost, Isle of Skye
48. Castle Terrace -33-35 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh
59. Timberyard – 10 Lady Lawson Street, Edinburgh
72. Restaurant Martin Wishart – 54 The Shore, Leith, Edinburgh
74. Cafe Fish – The Pier, Tobermory
77. Witchery by the Castle – Castlehill, Royal Mile Edinburgh
79. Mother India – 28 Westminster Terrace, Glasgow
80. Monachyle Mhor – Balquihdder, Lochearnhead
82. 21212 – Royal Terrace, Edinburgh
90. The Gardener’s Cottage – Royal Terrace, Edinburgh.
A massive congratulations to all these fabulous restaurants for making it into the Top 100.
Many of the restaurants are on our list to visit this year (time and finances permitting) – check out our full “To Do” list here.
You can also view the full list of Top 100 restaurants on the Square Meal website
. Interestingly they don’t include any London restaurants in the survey!
Please leave us a wee comment below if you have visited any of the Top 100 to let us know how you got on. Also leave a note of any restaurants you have visited and would have expected to be in the Top 100 that aren’t.
We are also on Twitter and Instagram @boyseatscotland