The perfect recipe for Lemon Sole:
Just over a week ago we received a box of beautiful fresh fish from Jimmy Buchan at Skipper’s Choice. The fish arrived in little plastic pouches so it was perfect for freezing. We will definitely buy fish and meat direct from the producer in the future as it’s perfect for filling your freezer for the month and guarantees that you get the freshest produce You can read about the delivery here.
This week we were in a bit of a rush so needed something quick for dinner. I decided to do a quick google search for recipes with Lemon Sole and came up with Sole meunière from BBC Good Food which sounds terribly fancy but is actually very quick and easy to make.
For 2 People you will need:
4 Lemon Sole Fillets – ideally skin on
6 tbsp of Plain Flour
3 tbsp of Light Olive Oil
85g of Butter (we actually used less as it’s a lot of butter!)
1 Lemon – juice only
2tbsp small capers (optional)
(1) Place flour with some salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss the fish in the flour ensuring a good coating then shake of the excess.
(2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan . Add the fish and cook skin side down for 2 minutes until golden brown. Then using a fish slice turn the fish over and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
(3) Remove the fish to a warmed plate and season.
(4) Wipe the pan with kitchen roll (we forgot to do this!) and return the pan to the heat. Add the butter to the pan and then heat it until it melts and begins to turn light brown. Add in the lemon juice and capers. Mix in the pan for a few seconds and then return the fish to the pan and spoon the juices over the fish.
(5) Serve immediately with some seasonal vegetables.
As you can see the above recipe is extremely quick to make- 10 minutes in total will have the preparation and cooking completed. Perfect fast food that tastes absolutely delicious!
Next week we are planning something with Mackerel , so if you have any recipe ideas let us know!
Fish boxes are available from Jimmy Buchan and Skipper’s Choice – visit the website here.